Cleaning Up the Commonwealth: Introduction to Redeveloping Brownfields Sites
Friday, September 8, 2023 (9:00 AM - 11:30 AM) (EDT)
Brownfields redevelopment creates economic, environmental, and public health benefits. While these sites often require special considerations, properties with varying levels of contamination are frequently located where there is existing infrastructure, workforce, and other amenities, making them an attractive investment for developers willing to reactivate the property.
Join NAIOP for this virtual introductory seminar designed to give students the foundation they need to navigate brownfields redevelopment. The course will cover:
- History of brownfields redevelopment in Massachusetts
- Overview of environmental regulatory framework – the Massachusetts Contingency Plan (MCP)
- The role of the Licensed Site Professional
- Due diligence considerations and other risk management techniques
- Available legal and financial incentives
- Planning and implementation to address both development and environmental remediation
- How to manage costs and navigate the unexpected
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 pm Friday, September 1st for a refund. Please contact Debbie Osheroff, email@example.com.
Ned Abelson, Director, Goulston & Storrs
Lisa Campe, MPH, LSP, Woodard & Curran