Langan has an opening in our Boston office for a lead Traffic/Transportation Engineer with a focus on supporting and growing a traffic/transportation practice dedicated to serving private sector developers, corporations, and institutional clients on their real estate development projects. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for managing as well as working on traffic & parking studies, transportation planning studies, and traffic signal/roadway design projects. The candidate must be knowledgeable in the application of traffic engineering and transportation planning principles along with the ability to coach, train, and oversee staff. The candidate must possess an entrepreneurial and professional demeanor, and strong technical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s degree in Traffic/Transportation a plus;
- P.E. License;
- 10+ years of Traffic Engineering/Transportation Planning experience in traffic/transportation engineering, traffic impact studies, traffic signal warrants, parking studies, driveway design, and traffic signal design;
- Familiarity with MA state permitting and MassDOT guidelines and protocols for traffic impact analysis and highway design;
- Effective public speaking skills; public testimony experience desirable;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple clients and projects;
- Ability to develop and manage project budgets;
- Strong customer service skills and responsiveness to client needs;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and MicroStation are a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage, coach, and train staff;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Ability to occasionally travel and participate in field work.
To apply, click here.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""