Senior Director, Project Management
The Senior Director will work in collaboration with the Development, Hotel and Senior Living teams during the planning, design, entitlement and construction phases of development and construction projects across The RMR Group’s managed properties and affiliated operating companies. The Senior Director is responsible for a team supporting the overall coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of construction projects within the office, retail, hospitality, senior living, industrial and multifamily property sectors. Projects include large-scale ground-up development, adaptive reuse, repositioning and major building renovation. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to interact with all levels of management to ensure the success of project from start to completion.
- Directs, manages, and coordinates the capital work for major projects at RMR managed properties by reviewing and preparing RFP’s for various contractors, consultants and sub-contractors, reviewing and preparing budgets, project schedules and change orders, reviewing and evaluating work methods and procedures, performing “punch” reviews, job closeouts, and project post-mortem reports.
- Provides design input on all disciplines including architectural, MEP, structural, acoustics, waterproofing, etc.
- Actively tracks each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path.
- Review and approval of civil, architectural and interior design plans in accordance with project expectations and established budgets. This includes close collaboration and coordination of feedback at various stages from teams across the managed companies.
- Assist in developing procurement strategies including contract type for major projects to ensure the best route to market and delivery informed by the firm’s strategic objectives.
- Works with legal to develop and manage all contracts and legal agreements for general contractors and consultants.
- Reviews all major projects governance reporting and key project health indicators including cost estimates, anticipated cost reporting, project schedule, risk assessments, cash flow and project close-out.
- Coordinates the development of priorities for new technologies and tools to streamline project planning, management and delivery.
- Maintains and supports a high level of customer service to peers, partners and community directors.
- Manage and mentor assigned direct reports on your team.
- Ensure effective onboarding and training for all new hires.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Combined 12+ years capital project management and planning experience preferred with various asset classes.
- Experience in the field of construction/project management, including budgeting, scheduling preparation, monitoring progress, change order review, and close outs.
- Experience in developing to LEED standards, sustainable and resilient design.
- Familiarity and knowledge of legal documents including development contracts, AIA form documents, management agreements, tenant leases, and ROI analysis.
- Proficient working knowledge of property-level financial statements and the ability to understand complex pro forma models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized, and results-driven professional.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-centered and results-driven environment.
- Positive, creative, innovative approach to problem solving and the ability to exercise judgment and discretion.
- The ability to meet the national travel requirement of approximately 20%.
To apply, click here.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""