PROJECT MANAGER - CONSTRUCTION AND REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT
Northstar is seeking experienced Project Manager candidates to contribute to our mission of delivering predictable outcomes to our clients on large scale construction and real estate development projects. In this role, Project Managers will be responsible for assembling and leading cross-functional teams throughout the project lifecycle.
The position requires proficiency in management, planning, budgeting, contract administration, and project delivery. We are seeking a candidate with leadership abilities and the capacity to build collaborative relationships with clients, project team members, and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate should be analytical, results-driven, self-motivated, and have a minimum of 5 years of prior project management experience in a similar role.
- Work closely with clients and internal team members to define project goals, objectives, and priorities; facilitate overall client satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle..
- Develop strong, trust-based relationships with clients and project stakeholders.
- Support the permitting and entitlement process.
- Drive the team assembly process for design team consultants, contractors, and suppliers, including RFP preparation, bid alignment, analysis, and award recommendations to clients.
- Participate in the negotiation and preparation of all contracts, managing ongoing add services and change orders.
- Assist with the development of and maintain the overall project schedule, incorporating all phases and identifying key milestones.
- Assist with the development of and maintain the project budget including tracking reallocations, commitments, expenditures, and regularly developing forecasts and cash flows.
- Review, interpret, and monitor successful documentation of Owner requirements in plans and specifications.
- Work with internal leadership to report project status regularly to the project team and clients.
- Support project team and client update meetings, developing and maintaining meeting minutes to record key decisions and action items.
- Proactively identify challenges and engage in effective problem-solving, offering recommended actions for issue resolution.
- Facilitate engagement with client's internal stakeholders, including IT, AV, Security, Facilities, etc., ensuring their active involvement and alignment with the project design, schedule, expectations, and deliverables.
- Conduct site inspections throughout construction to verify conformance with design documents, quality assurance, and ensure that progress aligns with the agreed-upon schedule.
- Review project RFIs and submittals to align with Owner project requirements and budget.
- Tour project sites upon completion and before turning space over to clients, ensuring the project is complete and site conditions meet expectations. Administer punch list and project close-out activities, including acceptance and completion of the project.
- Participate in occupancy planning and oversee the move management process as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related experience in real estate development, construction project management, or design management.
- High degree of professionalism, strong work ethic, and keen sense of urgency with the ability to work autonomously, multi-task in an organized manner, produce quality work product, and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to forge strong, lasting relationships with all members of the project team, both internal and external. Experience with oversight and mentorship of direct reports.
- Exhibit exceptional judgment and adept problem-solving skills, showcasing the ability to make sound decisions in challenging situations and find effective solutions.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages concurrently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Office, Project, and PowerPoint is required; experience with CAD, BIM, Procore, and Bluebeam is preferred.
- Certifications, experience, and knowledge of sustainability initiatives such as LEED, WELL, Fitwel, or Passive House, etc. is a plus.
Visit our website to apply or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time