Link to Apply
The Manager – Real Estate Development is a hands-on, team-oriented passionate real estate professional who has a deep theoretical understanding of the commercial office, mixed-use, and/or multifamily activities, enjoys working as part of a team, and is comfortable with a wide range of responsibilities.
What You’ll Do…
- Manage various phases of the development process for commercial, mixed-use, and/or multifamily projects to realize the vision established for the project.
- Represent Skanska and act as a good example, both internally and externally, in accordance with the values, ethical guidelines, and management systems of the organization.
- Meet with clients, customers, and community members to identify and strengthen business opportunities and source potential projects.
- Participate in marketing & leasing efforts associated with the project, including pitches, presentations, tenant tours, exhibits, lease negotiation/administration, etc.
- Work collaboratively and transparently with Skanska USA Building as a construction partner to accurately underwrite costs associated with the project.
- Oversee the construction process and maintain strong project controls to ensure the delivery of the project on time and within budget.
- Manage contracts, scopes, budgets, and schedules for consultants necessary to develop the project.
- Manage design and consulting firms.
- Manage construction team to ensure schedule, budget, and quality standards for the project.
- Serve as hands-on, tactical support in project development through all stages of the process, including budget management, schedules, negotiating/writing agreements, and construction.
- Manage and update the proforma for the project, providing market and financial analysis as it relates to the project’s proposed lease terms.
- Assist in the closeout and disposition of assets owned by Skanska.
- Support common working methods to build up the local organization.
- Set an example for junior-level staff by guiding, mentoring, and teaching.
- Where appropriate, engage and collaborate with CDUS strategic services and support functions.
We’re Looking for:
- Innovative, curious, collaborative, creative, reliable, and trustworthy with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about Commercial Real Estate Development
- An authentic appreciation for, and alignment with Skansksa’s Purpose and Values, including honesty, responsibility, integrity, and fulfillment of commitments
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Highly organized and pro-active
- Strong leadership qualities and skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong global perspective, respecting the viewpoints of those from diverse cultures, races, ages, genders, religions, and lifestyles to build collaborative relationships and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated digital fluency, showing the ability to maximize new and emerging technologies in order to work, learn and live in a digital society
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding written & oral communication skills
- A willingness to attend public hearings, meetings, and social events outside of normal business hours
- Previous experience with managing various phases of development projects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in the local real estate market, including a growing industry network
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and evaluate proposals, architectural concepts and drawings, contracts, consultant proposals/agreements, and government regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to present information and respond to questions/inquiries from senior staff, peers, business associates, and the general public
- Strong experience in cost control, real estate funding, and project reporting with the ability to create and manage budgets and proformas
- Strong experience in the construction process and all its related project controls, including cost, schedule, and quality.
- Hands-on experience and ability to execute through most phases of the development life cycle, including:
- Land acquisition and sourcing
- Feasibility studies
- Entitlements and zoning
- Project Valuation and Finance
- Architectural design and coordination of consultants
- Construction process
- Marketing and public relations
- Market research
- Sustainable building concepts (e.g., ILFI.org, LEED® etc.)
- 5-7 years of related industry experience required
- 2-3 years of direct Development experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university minimum, MBA or Master’s Degree in related fields preferred
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities, and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or age.
Project Development (infrastructure, commercial, residential)
Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc.
Please apply before
May 26, 2022, 4:59:00 PM
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development