Bulfinch is a third-generation commercial real estate firm specializing in the acquisition, development, management, and repositioning of commercial properties in Greater Boston. Since 1936, Bulfinch has taken a unique approach to creating value in commercial real estate and has successfully evolved and adapted to industry changes and the needs of all our stakeholders. The firm was founded on a commitment to our employees and the culture we began cultivating 85+ years ago embodies our entrepreneurial spirt and sense of family.
We are currently seeking an experienced Facilities Manager that embodies our core values to join our group! This person will be a team player eager to provide our clients (owners, lenders, tenants, etc.) with the highest level of customer service through providing facilities services to our growing suburban portfolio.
Role + Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the full range of HVAC systems, utilities, lighting, fire/life safety and maintenance functions for a group of assets within the company
- Activities include, but are not limited to, parking logistics and maintenance, roof maintenance and repair, building envelope maintenance and repair (including glass, glazing and other watertight activities)
- Responsible for snow removal, landscape and hardscape safety, and related issues
- Oversee maintenance policies and procedures and on-site personnel executing maintenance activities and contracts
- Provide budget recommendations for capital expenditures and extraordinary repairs and maintenance
- Execute and oversee tenant improvement projects
- Manage the day-to-day operations as directed by the President and SVP, Director of Property Operations in accordance with the standards and procedures of Bulfinch
- Provide our clients (owners, lenders, tenants, etc.) with the highest level of customer service available
- Responsible for all aspects of tenant satisfaction in addition to achieving stated financial results (NOI and cash flow) and operating objectives relating to capital improvements, system enhancements, operating expense control and tenant improvement projects.
- Responsible for the management, supervision and professional development of all direct reports and contracted service vendors including but not limited to Property Superintendents, security personnel, public safety activities, janitorial, shuttle and valet services.
- Represent Bulfinch and enhance the firm’s reputation and capabilities to prospective tenants, vendors, brokers, and clients.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with strong work ethic
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in building/facilities maintenance
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC systems/maintenance, control systems, electrical, plumbing, and other building mechanical equipment
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair -mechanical systems and components of mechanical systems
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to read and work from blueprints, schematics, diagrams, etc.
- Proven knowledge of current issues relating to building operations and maintenance, including CFC, IAQ, etc.
- Ability to effectively perform work in accordance with governmental and other regulatory agencies (including EPA, OSHA, etc.)
- Ability to communicate with multiple disciplines both technical and non-technical
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems (BMS)/energy conservation are essential
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be computer savvy with history working with computerized work order and preventative maintenance software systems, and Microsoft Office and Outlook (prepare reports, format spreadsheets, communicate via email).
- A valid driver’s license
The heart of Bulfinch is our people. We are committed to the individual growth and development of our most important asset – our team members. Bulfinch offers top-tier benefits and career-enhancement opportunities to all employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Bulfinch is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Bulfinch is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Bulfinch's career website as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 781-707-4000 and asking for Human Resources. Thank you for your interest in Bulfinch.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development, General