Director of Programs & Education at NAIOP Massachusetts
Position: Director of Programs & Education at NAIOP Massachusetts
Location: Needham, MA
The Director of Programs & Education will report to the CEO and will be responsible for the planning and execution of timely and profitable events, educational courses, and professional development offerings. The position will continually seek out new programs, opportunities, and partnerships that drive higher engagement and participation among NAIOP members.
NAIOP Massachusetts, The Commercial Real Estate Development Association, represents the interests of companies involved with the development, ownership, management, and financing of commercial properties. NAIOP’s members are involved with office, research & development, industrial, mixed use, residential, multifamily, retail, and institutional space in the Commonwealth. Part of an international commercial real estate association, the Massachusetts chapter provides outstanding education and networking opportunities. In addition, NAIOP advances the interests of the industry and advocates for effective public policy.
• Plan, coordinate and execute quality, timely and profitable events, educational courses and professional development offerings.
• Work with volunteer committee members to source and manage speakers, facilitators, topics, etc.
• Manage virtual and in-person event logistics (venue, speaker prep, event day set-up, event materials, etc.)
• Negotiate and confirm all contracts, including meeting room charges, AV, food and beverage, etc.
• Develop event calendar and prepare event budgets, monitor revenue and expenses, and take corrective action to meet financial goals.
• Create and maximize sponsorship revenue opportunities.
• Set up, track and manage event data in Association Management System.
• Conduct evaluations of meetings and events, incorporating the results into future plans.
• Recommend marketing and promotional strategies, and coordinate creation and production of marketing/promotional material (program descriptions, name tags, PowerPoint presentations, handouts, and signage).
• Comply with all continuing education requirements and oversee all course development, facilitator selection and implementation.
• Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence- working with committees, staying on top of local and industry trends, developments.
• Support event attendees with phone, online and onsite registration inquiries.
• Continually seek out new programmatic offerings that refresh and strengthen the value of membership.
• Oversee community service and charitable opportunities for NAIOP.
• Coordinate and engage with other real estate trade groups on collaborative initiatives.
• Manage Developing Leaders (young professionals) Committee and initiatives
• Unwavering commitment to quality work, attention to detail, and excellence in organizational and project management and customer service.
• Ability to manage tasks independently and work within a small team.
• Able to handle a variety of constituencies and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication and negotiation skills are a must.
• Candidate must be able to perform basic manual labor such as the preparation, set-up and breakdown of event equipment. Ability to carry up to 25 lbs. periodically.
• Valid driver’s license and consistent access to vehicle required.
• Knowledge of meeting facility food-and-beverage operations and AV.
• Practical experience in budgeting, program planning and coordination.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Adobe design software, and experience with GrowthZone platform or similar database management software preferred.
• Interest and commitment to expanding diversity, equity and inclusion in the industry.
• A Bachelor's degree is required, with at least 5 years of experience in event planning. Association experience a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Tamara Small (email@example.com) by Monday, July 12 with the subject line “Director of Programs & Education.”
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : General