Director of Marketing & Business Development at NAIOP Massachusetts
The position of Director of Marketing & Business Development will report to the CEO and will be responsible for developing and implementing innovative strategies designed to: recruit, retain, and engage members; provide cutting-edge programs and educational courses; communicate the value of NAIOP; and ensure consistent branding and fresh design.
NAIOP Massachusetts, The Commercial Real Estate Development Association, represents the interests of more than 1800 members involved with the development, ownership, management, and financing of office, lab, industrial, mixed use, multifamily, retail, and institutional space in the Commonwealth. Part of an international commercial real estate association, the Massachusetts chapter provides outstanding education and networking opportunities and advocates for policies that advance the commercial real estate industry.
- Create and implement member recruitment and retention campaigns to achieve sustained growth.
- Produce effective member recruitment and collateral materials.
- Develop and direct the new member welcome process, including welcome emails and onboarding strategies.
- Serve as point person for connecting members with committees, answering questions, and ensuring continued member engagement.
- Manage surveys and outreach to acquire in-depth information on member companies to improve member benefits and services.
- Work with CEO on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
- Monitor membership information and analytics. Use data to shape marketing and membership strategies.
- Oversee development and maintenance of Chapter website and blog.
- Manage design and distribution of all print and digital communications, including but not limited to online and print advertisements, annual reports, email campaigns, and event related collateral.
- Manage Events & Marketing Coordinator on event day preparation and execution.
- Draft public facing communications, including event descriptions, website content, committee and member outreach.
- Support the general press and media strategy of the organization through drafting content, proposing outreach and maintaining existing press lists.
- Coordinate and engage with other real estate trade groups on collaborative initiatives.
- Work with team to support strategies promoting NAIOP and member successes across multiple media platforms.
- Plan, coordinate and execute quality, timely and profitable events, educational courses and professional development offerings.
- Work with volunteer committee members to source and manage speakers, facilitators, topics, etc.
- Develop event calendar and prepare event budgets, monitor revenue and expenses, and take corrective action to meet financial goals.
- Create and maximize sponsorship revenue opportunities.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence- working with committees, staying on top of local and industry trends, developments.
- Manage Events & Marketing Coordinator on event implementation.
- Highly professional written and verbal communication style and comfort speaking with an array of stakeholders, including C-suite executives and press
- Understanding of and relationships in commercial real estate strongly preferred.
- Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational, project management, and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Wordpress, Constant Contact, Canva, and all social media platforms required. Adobe Creative and InDesign experience a plus. Portfolios welcome.
- All staff are in office Tuesday – Thursday (with some Monday and Friday meetings/events). Events before and after traditional work hours are required.
- Experience with member, board or stakeholder management preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of related work experience is required, including experience with implementing communications strategy, graphic design, and marketing expertise.
Salary commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Tamara Small (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line Director of Marketing & Business Development. Applications must be received by March 1.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Marketing