ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER - CONSTRUCTION AND REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT
Northstar is seeking experienced Assistant Project Manager candidates to contribute to our mission of delivering predictable outcomes to our clients on large scale construction and real estate development projects.
In this role, Assistant Project Managers will be responsible for supporting cross-functional teams throughout the project lifecycle. The position requires competency in management, planning, budgeting, contract administration, and project delivery. We are seeking a candidate with leadership propensity and the capacity to build collaborative relationships with clients, project team members, and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate should be analytical, results-driven, self-motivated, and have a minimum of 2 years of prior project management experience in a similar role.
- Work closely with clients and internal team members to define project goals, objectives, and priorities; facilitate overall client satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Cultivate strong, trust-based relationships with clients and project stakeholders.
- Support the permitting and entitlement process.
- Coordinate the team assembly process for design team consultants, contractors, and suppliers, including RFP preparation, bid alignment, analysis, and award recommendations to clients.
- Participate in the negotiation and preparation of all contracts, contributing to ongoing add services and change orders.
- Assist with the development of and maintain the overall project schedule, incorporating all phases and identifying key milestones.
- Assist with the development of and maintain the project budget including tracking reallocations, commitments, expenditures, and regularly developing forecasts and cash flows.
- Coordinate the review, interpretation, and monitoring of successful documentation of Owner requirements in plans and specifications.
- Work with internal leadership to report project status regularly to the project team and clients.
- Support project team and client update meetings, developing and maintaining meeting minutes to record key decisions and action items.
- Anticipate challenges and engage in effective problem-solving with the project team, support the process of recommended actions for issue resolution.
- Participate in engagement with client's internal stakeholders, including IT, AV, Security, Facilities, etc., ensuring their active involvement and alignment with the project design, schedule, expectations, and deliverables.
- Participate in site inspections throughout construction to verify conformance with design documents, quality assurance, and ensure that progress aligns with the agreed-upon schedule.
- Support the review project RFIs and submittals to align with Owner project requirements and budget.
- Tour project sites upon completion and before turning space over to clients, ensuring the project is complete and site conditions meet expectations. Support punch list and project close-out activities, including acceptance and completion of the project.
- Participate in occupancy planning and oversee the move management process as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of directly related experience in real estate development, construction project management, or design management.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, a strong work ethic, and a keen sense of urgency, showcasing the ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks in an organized manner, deliver quality work, and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to forge strong, lasting relationships with all members of the project team, both internal and external.
- Exhibit exceptional judgment and the ability to execute assigned tasks, showcasing the ability to make sound decisions in challenging situations and find effective solutions.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Ability to support multiple projects at various stages concurrently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Office, Project, and PowerPoint is required; experience with CAD, BIM, Procore, and Bluebeam is preferred.
- Certifications, experience, and knowledge of sustainability initiatives such as LEED, WELL, Fitwel, or Passive House, etc. is a plus.
Visit our website to apply or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time